- Reviews (0)
VIAGRA is a phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE5) inhibitor indicated for the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED)
For most patients, the recommended dose is 50 mg taken, as needed, approximately 1 hour before sexual activity. However, VIAGRA may be taken anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours before sexual activity.
The maximum recommended dosing frequency is once per day.
Based on effectiveness and toleration, the dose may be increased to a maximum recommended dose of 100 mg or decreased to 25 mg.
Prolonged Erection and Priapism
Prolonged erection greater than 4 hours and priapism (painful erections greater than 6 hours in duration) have been reported infrequently since market approval of VIAGRA. In the event of an erection that persists longer than 4 hours, the patient should seek immediate medical assistance. If priapism is not treated immediately, penile tissue damage and permanent loss of potency could result.
VIAGRA should be used with caution in patients with anatomical deformation of the penis (such as angulation, cavernosal fibrosis or Peyronie’s disease), or in patients who have conditions which may predispose them to priapism (such as sickle cell anemia, multiple myeloma, or leukemia). However, there are no controlled clinical data on the safety or efficacy of VIAGRA in patients with sickle cell or related anemias.
Viagra side effects
Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction to Viagra: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop taking Viagra and get emergency medical help if you have:
- heart attack symptoms–chest pain or pressure, pain spreading to your jaw or shoulder, nausea, sweating;
- vision changes or sudden vision loss; or
- erection is painful or lasts longer than 4 hours (prolonged erection can damage the penis).
Call your doctor at once if you have:
- ringing in your ears, or sudden hearing loss;
- irregular heartbeat;
- swelling in your hands, ankles, or feet;
- shortness of breath;
- seizure (convulsions); or
- a light-headed feeling, like you might pass out.
Common Viagra side effects may include:
- flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling);
- headache, dizziness;
- abnormal vision (blurred vision, changes in color vision)
- stuffy nose;
- muscle pain, back pain; or
- upset stomach.